Beautiful Flower Arrangements
Flowers are a fragrant and enchanting way to enhance your table setting for any type of event. Because there are so many choices available, it is often difficult to decide which flowers to select that will compliment the color scheme of your dining room table or buffet. Because flowers are so dynamic in their presentation, there is no need to purchase expensive arrangements, which proves especially helpful when on a limited budget.
Selecting the Flowers
- Always use fresh products that are readily available.
- Use at least three different greens for visual interest.
- Avoid bunching small flowers together; visually they will get lost.
- An arrangement may be one bloom, such as a carnation, floating in a centrally located bowl.
Containers and Cutting
- Use containers that enhance your theme such as old shoes, tin cans, a variety of vases, lunch boxes, etc.
- When doing your cutting, be sure to use a sharp knife or floral snips, and don’t forget to cut on a diagonal.
- Keep your cuttings in a cool place, out of direct sunlight, and change the water daily.
- Use odd numbers of blooms.
- When using lilies remove the stamens. (Be sure to use gloves, as the stains do not come out of clothing.)
- Be careful when using strong scented flowers in a small space, they can be overwhelming.
- Use stones or sand to weigh down an arrangement.
- Flowers in vases are easier to transport, and are also convenient to present to guests at the end of the evening.